Some Cool Stats: Women and Social Media
- Average Age: 41
- Household Income: $109,703
- LinkedIn Users: Approximately 90,000,000 as of January 2011 in which 14,000,000 of it are Small-Business People.
- Female Users: 36%
- Household Income $100k+ 53.5%
- Own Smartphone/PDA: 34%
- College Grad/Post Grad: 80.1%
- Business Decision Maker: 49%
- EVP/SVP/VP: 6.5%
- 24% Have a Portfolio Value of $250k+
- Job Titles:
- C-Level Executives 7.8%
- EVP/SVP 6.5%
- Senior Management 16%
- Middle Management 18%
- 50% Are Business Decision Makers in Their Companies
A new study, released April 2010, examines Twitter usage in the United States, finding that although most Americans are aware of Twitter, few are using it.
Here’s a summary of the facts and figures Twitter shared:
- Twitter now has approximately 195,000,000 registered users. (revised January 2011)
- 59% Twitter users are Women.
- New users are signing up at the rate of 300,000 per day.
- 180 million unique visitors come to the site every month.
- 75% of Twitter traffic comes from outside Twitter.com (i.e. via third party applications.)
- Twitter gets a total of 3 billion requests a day via its API.
- Twitter users are, in total, tweeting an average of 55 million tweets a day
- Twitter’s search engine receives around 600 million search queries per day
- Of Twitter’s active users, 37 percent use their phone to tweet.
- Over half of all tweets (60 percent) come from third party applications.
Twitter itself has grown: in the past year alone, it has grown from 25 to 175 employees.
People on Facebook:
- More than 600 million active users
- 57% of Facebook users are Female
- 50% of our active users log on to Facebook in any given day
- Average user has 130 friends
- People spend over 500 billion minutes per month on Facebook
Activity on Facebook
- There are over 160 million objects that people interact with (pages, groups and events)
- Average user is connected to 60 pages, groups and events
- Average user creates 70 pieces of content each month
- More than 25 billion pieces of content (web links, news stories, blog posts, notes, photo albums, etc.) shared each month.
- More than 70 translations available on the site
- About 70% of Facebook users are outside the United States
- Over 300,000 users helped translate the site through the translations application
- More than one million developers and entrepreneurs from more than 180 countries
- Every month, more than 70% of Facebook users engage with Platform applications
- More than 550,000 active applications currently on Facebook Platform
- More than 250,000 websites have integrated with Facebook Platform
- More than 100 million Facebook users engage with Facebook on external websites every month
- Two-thirds of comScore’s U.S. Top 100 websites and half of comScore’s Global Top 100 websites have integrated with Facebook
- There are more than 100 million active users currently accessing Facebook through their mobile devices.
- People that use Facebook on their mobile devices are twice more active on Facebook than non-mobile users.
- There are more than 200 mobile operators in 60 countries working to deploy and promote Facebook mobile products